Bulletin Boards / Handouts
The primary function of the bulletin board and the electronic display board located inside the Library is to provide information to Library users about events of a cultural, educational, or community nature. Notices may be posted or handouts placed subject to the guidelines set forth in this policy. Application of these guidelines will be based on the judgment of the Library Director or his/her designee.
- Priority is given to Public Notices and Library-related notices.
- The library reserves the right to accept or to refuse any material submitted to be posted.
- Containers for community fundraisers may not be placed in the Library. Other solicitations may be permitted at the discretion of the director.
- Notices must be left at the circulation desk for Library staff to post. If accepted, they will be dated and posted within 24 hours.
- The small bulletin board near the elevator is used for posting business cards.
- If the board is crowded, Library staff reserve the right to select notices for events with the widest appeal.
- Notices will be displayed for as long as they are current, but no longer than four weeks. The Library will not be responsible for returning materials.
- Acceptance of notices does not imply the Library’s endorsement of a group of organization, its policies, or beliefs.
Only materials of educational or cultural activities, events or services may be placed in the handout racks or table. A special rack is provided for Federal Income Tax Forms and related information.