Town of North Judson
Need to contact the town of North Judson?
The town hall is open:
Monday - Friday : 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. AND 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone number: 574-896-3340 or 574-896-2711
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Pay UTILITIES Online click https://pay.paygov.us/EndUser/PaymentAgency.aspx?ttid=15021.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES THAT REQUIRE PERMITS:
The Town of North Judson has several special circumstances that require permits. Below is a list of the more frequently required permits (list may not be inclusive):
- Pet Tags (Dogs & Cats) – ANNUALLY: $10 each if spayed/neutered. $25 non-spayed/neutered. A late fee of $10 will be added if tags are not purchased by February 15.
- Contractor’s Permits – ANNUALLY: $25 Renewal / $50 New. All contractor permits purchased after February 15 are $75
- Temporary Pool – Annually prior to installing
- Permanent Pool – Prior to installing
- Yard Sale Permit – 1 or 2 days = $10 / 3 or 4 days = $17
The following types of “construction” projects require a permit prior to beginning the project (list may not be inclusive):
- New Structure (Residential or Commercial)
- Additions, Signs, Porch, Decks/Patios/Lean to, Fences, Electrical, Sidewalk, Demolition, Utility Sheds, Structural Improvements/Inspection.
NOTE: Fees are associated with all of the above permits.
ORDINANCE VIOLATION CITATIONS MAY BE ISSUED FOR NON-COMPLIANCE INCLUDING THE ASSOCIATED FINES.
These fees and fines are according to a schedule of fees/fines, as shall be modified from time to time by the Town Council and made available for public inspection in the Clerk-Treasurer’s office located at 310 Lane St.
We remind the public that failure to be aware of the Ordinance requiring a permit is not a defense to the issuance of a ticket.
We encourage all residents to contact the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office (open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – closed 12 noon to 1 p.m.) at 574-896-3340 for more information.
BRUSH PICK-UP WILL NOW BE THE LAST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH.
Have your brush lying next to the alley. If you don’t have an alley, place it along the street. This is for brush only, no mixed piles. Thank You!
Think Before You Flush
In order to protect the town’s infrastructure and prevent the need for costly repairs, residents should refrain from flushing anything inorganic. There have been consistent issues with the Oakwood and James Street lift stations due to non-flushable items causing problems.
For more information about the kind of damage non-flushable items can cause and for a list of items you should never flush, visit ThinkBeforeYouFlush.org.